Wednesday, January 16

Gypsy Girl Tote

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday!

From the moment I saw the Gypsy Girl fabric collection by Lily Ashbury for Moda, I fell in love with it!

All I could think was:  I need a jelly roll, charm pack and yardage.  On Black Friday when one of my LQS, The Quilt Asylum was having a sale, I made my way to the store to buy a jelly roll with a discount.  Woo Hoo!

It took me a while to decide what to make.  I decided to make a tote with the jelly roll first.  I played with the strips of fabric a long time and finally decided on this combination.   I made this tote one day last week when it was cold, raining and really foggy outside.  I had to wait several days to photograph it because I could not get good enough lighting in the house. 

Tada, here it is!

I love these colors, they say spring and Easter to me.   I top stitched the seams with a cross stitch stitch on my machine.  Here is a close up. 

I lined the bag with the pink & white large gingham in the collection which I purchased online at the Fat Quarter Shop.  I added a pocket and magnetic snap to the inside. 


I really love this bag and I can't wait to make more projects with this fabric collection.  I plan on making some patchwork zipper pouches and a few accessories in the coming weeks.   Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: