Friday, May 18

Rock Star Baby B & B


This is proof that any crazy unusual baby theme is possible if I can find "THE" fabric. This is for the son of major rock & roll fans.  When I got the request, I couldn't even envision what to do then my customer mentioned guitars and I went on major guitar fabric search.  After a local search at four diffierent stores and lots of online browsing, I found this fabric at Wal-Mart--of all places.  (Wal-Mart actually had two other cute guitar fabrics besides this one-- who would have thought?)

The guitar & rock star design is one I had seen online last year at Digistitches, I am so glad I remembered it because I think it coordinates quite nicely with the fabric. 

Made this a little different than usual.  I sandwiched a regular 2-4-2 burp cloth between flannel and the guitar fabric, so the entire back is guitar fabric too.  I top stitched around all the edges in black and then the two center panel seams in white with black bobbin thread for the reverse side to hold the fabrics in place. 

The bib was the usual varsity font I use for boys.  All in all, this is probably the most time consuming set I have ever made but I am very happy with the finished product. 

It's Friday and I am so excited for the weekend even though I have to work a city event tomorrow, hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Comments: