Thursday, May 3

Lamp in Sewing Room

The room where I sew is technically our 4th bedroom which is supposed to be a guest room.  Since most of our out of town family has moved here, it is rare for us to have guests.  I've sorta taken over the room with my sewing stuff but I am still keeping a bed and normal guest room things in the room.

In keeping with the red and black color scheme of the sewing stuff, I decided the lampshade on the bedside table needed to be redone to coordinate with the rest of the room.  This was an easy peasy project that I probably should have done a long time ago.  I took a shortcut and purchased one of the self adhesive shades, added the Sew Now Sew Wow- Alexander Henry fabric and a pom pom trim to the bottom and I was done.  I have used the Sew Now fabric all over the room, can you tell I love it?  


The fabric hooped on the wall is more of the 'sewing machine' black & white fabric from the spray cans I covered last month.  I am doing a whole group of fabric hoops on the wall but I am not quite done. 

The little table the lamp sits on belonged to my grandmother so it has probably been in the family for about 100 years (my Dad is 82).  Growing up, it was orange peach color, then I brought it with me to college when I got my first appartment; with me it's been several different colors.... now black.  The yellow crocheted doily on the table was made by my maternal grandmother, it's one of the only things I have that belonged to her.  Everytime I look at the table and doily, I am reminded of my hometown and family.  Hope you are having a great day.  Thanks for stopping by!

  

1 comment:

  1. I just have to tell you that I absolutely love the things you sew!! I look forward to reading yourblog...it's great...hoping to eventually get an embroidery machine and try some of the things you have demonstrated...especially now that I've become "Abuela"...thanks for sharing a little of you and Micaela!! Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: