Sunday, May 3

Many More Monkeys

A couple of weeks ago I posted some baby shower invites HERE I was doing for a dear friend's daughter. Well the shower was today. I made many more monkey things to go with the baby's room and shower theme... This was fun, but I am done with monkeys and the Chocolate Chip & Certainly Celery color combo for a while.

Remember, this was the baby's theme.
Here are a few of the other things I made.


The crib with the bedding was set up in the living room for everyone to see. I made this simple little banner using the scallop and plain circle dies with the Big Shot. The letters were done with the Alphalicious cartridge on the Cricut.


They had a cute stuffed monkey sitting inside the crib. I made this frame/sign for the monkey to hold. The letters were done with the Alphalicious cartridge and the monkey was done with the New Arrival cartridge on the Cricut.

I made another banner for the mantle, same supplies, tools and cartridges as other.


I made a few monkey things to set around. This was one of the large monkey faces I made. It's hard to tell but this is 12 inches in diameter.

I took a stab at making my first diaper cake. I received one at one of my showers and I just loved it. I followed a combination of several online tutorials. I struggled with this because I thought it was plain but since the theme for the shower was quite simple I didn't want to go overboard with stuff. The band around each layer is a 2" wide grosgrain ribbon that is scallopped like ric rac layered with some of the Certainly Celery ribbon from the Sale A Bration bundle. I looked and looked for a plain brown stuffed monkey all over town and never found one so I settled for one made with the Cricut. I mounted him on a chop stick from Pei Wei

The favors were the ones I showed in this post. I used the monkeys from the retired Monkey Business stamp set and the Box #2 die with the Big Shot to make the box. DH even helped me fill them with green easter grass and Hershey's Kisses.

Here's the happy Mom To Be with the adorable cake.

Thanks for stopping by.........

ETA: I used Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel cardstocks for the monkies. The favor boxes were done in Gable Green and the sheer brown ribbon is from JoAnn.

15 comments:

  1. your shower items are too cute. I love the monkey on the top of the diaper cake. That diaper cake is very elegant looking and I love your ribbon choice. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your items that you made! It waS ALL SO BEAUTIFUL!!! She is so lucky to have you as a friend. Plus, love your blog. You are going to have to teach me how to personalize the banner.


    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great shower theme. You did an excellent job on the decorations. thanks for posting
    !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the theme... What color is that green?? Do you know where I can get cheap cardstock of brown and that color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the monkey on the cake. What colors of brown besides choclate chip did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha...wow! Your creative ideas for the baby shower are just awesome! I, too, love to use my cricut for parties and events AND I live in the DFW area too! We should totally meet up at a crop! Have you ever been to the Creative Cottage up in McKinney? My email is ladybugandco@yahoo.com drop me a line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had posted to anyone blog not even my sisters... and again I have to tell you I love your work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used the same theme for my son's room and it's so cute! now Im getting ready for his first birthday and looking for monkey favor ideas! Yours are very cute, thanks for the post!
    http://worldof-jackie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments: