Wednesday, May 13

Watercolor Roses

Finally, I am getting around to posting this. This is the Mother's Day card I made for my Mother. I love how this turned out. I used the watercolor technique featured on Patty Bennett's tutorial (HERE). When I saw this technique, I knew I had to try it. I actually had not gotten around to purchasing this stamp set, Fifth Avenue Floral, so I borrowed it and the required Shimmery White cardstock from my sideline Michele. Thanks Michele!

The stems are from the retired Roses in Winter set by SU and the Mother's Day sentiment is a stamp I picked up a long time ago that did not even have a label. Here's a close up of the rose.
My Mom absolutely loves Roses, growing up we always had 20+ rose bushes in our yard and always had a fresh bouquet sitting in a vase under the large Virgen de Guadalupe picture in our hallway.
Try the watercolor technique, you'll get addicted like me! Hope you've had a wonderful day.

Supplies: Shimmery White, Regal Rose, So Saffron and White Card Stock. White craft ink (for roses), Regal Rose craft ink (for Mother's Day) and Clear embossing powder. Leaves were stamped with Mellow Moss classic ink directly on Shimmery card stock. Brads are from Soft Subtles collection and sheer ribbon is from JoAnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: