Saturday, May 5

Button Wreath

Good Morning! 
I kept admiring all the cool button wreaths on Pinterest and decided I needed to make one. 

I started with a straw wreath that I had covered in black satin ribbon for Halloween and just started adding buttons and pins.  Let's just say I highly recommend a thimble.  When I started the project, I thought I would be done pretty quickly.  After a couple of days, I made a special trip to the store for a thimble because I could not find one at home.  This took me a while.  It's hard to tell in this picture but this wreath is 18 inches in diameter and is covered with buttons on the back too.  I literally put this together while watching the last season of the Bachelor.  (I try to do something productive while watching mindless tv shows). 

I used more than 1800 pins and almost 900 buttons.  My index finger hurt from pushing all the buttons into the straw but I love how it turned out.  I had a bunch of buttons already then had my Mom send me some of hers.  When I got her package, Mom sent some from my great aunt and one of her friends, so there is a nice mix of old and new including some orphan buttons from my own childhood outfits that my Mom made me (I guess those could be considered kinda semi vintage).

This wreath proudly hangs in my sewing area.  Slowly but surely my room is coming together. 
Hope you are having a great weekend thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: