Saturday, July 19

Card for a Special Baby Girl

A family we know from church has an infant daughter having very necessary surgery on her skull in a couple of weeks. She has a condition called trigonocephaly. I wanted to send a card expressing how we will keep all of them in our prayers throughout the process.

Here is the card I came up with. This is a 5.5" square card. I chose pastels because afterall, it's for a baby girl. The card base is Pretty in Pink and the layers are Almost Amethyst. The bible verse "Shine on You" from Stampendous was stamped in Pearlescent Lavender Brilliance Pigment Ink by Tsukineko and embossed with clear powder. The designer paper is from American Crafts. I wanted to hang a silver cross charm from the ribbon but didn't have one the right size. In the end I punched out this cross using my Cross True Faith punch by EK Success. I covered the cross in the same Lavender Pearlescent ink and embossed it with clear thick embossing powder, it looks glittery in the picture but actually more of a pearlized finish IRL. I am happy with the way the card turned out. Thanks for stopping by and if you have room on your prayer list, please add baby Kenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: