Sunday, July 6

New Home Card

Here I go using another retired stamp set. I keep retired sets for one reason, I know they will be perfect for a special card 'some day'. Well, one of my best friends Kristi, (whom I mention quite often) just moved from the Dallas area to Nancy Riley country... Arizona. This is the card I made for her and her family. They have a two year old daughter so I thought the crayon drawing of a house would be cute for them. This is the Heart & Home set, it retired long before I became a demonstrator but I hung on to it for Micaela to play with in the future.

Unfortunately I did not have a cactus stamp in the right size proportion to put in place of the flowers next to the house. This house will remind Kristi of the house she 'used' to live in. (Kristi left behind a gorgeous green yard with lots of flowers, now she's going to have a rock garden with cactus -big adjustment).

The sentiment is layered on punched circles and placed in the window that is on the inside of the card. I love layers on the inside of cards.

Recipe:
Apricot Appeal, Pixie Pink and Whisper White card stocks
Pixie Pink classic ink
American Crafts striped designer paper.
French Dot Cuttlebug embossing folder for front

1 comment:

  1. FUN card! Love those colors ... so bright and cheerful!

    "Nancy Riley country"? You crack me up !!!! Do you think I can get the mayor of Phoenix to agree to that name change? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: