Oh my, did you realize Thanksgiving is three weeks from yesterday! My heart sank when I read that. The month just started and already I am feeling very behind.
I am a BIG FAN of Good Housekeeping magazine and everytime I find helpful information, I like to share it with others.... Here's some of their tips to get ready for the holiday.
While it is too early to start baking the pies, it's not too soon to:
- Firm up your guest list (or give a firm commitment to your hostess. Yes, even if she is your sister!).
- Plan your menu with GH's easy and versatile dishes.
- Order your turkey.
- Clean out the fridge to make room for Thanksgiving groceries.
- Take inventory of your spice shelf. If any are more than two years old, toss them out, buy new ones, and date them.
- Check your kitchen equipment. Find out what cooking gear the Good Housekeeping Research Institute recommends. You know if you want advise about any KitchenAid products, all you have to do is email me!
- Organize your house for any overnight guests. They've got tips on getting your home ready in a flash.
- Sign up for Good Housekeepings free two-week countdown.
- Simply click HERE and beginning Nov. 8 you'll receive Good Housekeeping's daily to-dos, tips, and advice on putting together the easiest Thanksgiving ever.
- This week, check their website for recipes for do-ahead corn-bread stuffing and cranberry chutney, plus everything you need to know about buying and roasting a turkey.