Friday, March 8

Noteworthy Set

I love the Noteworthy line of fabric by Sweetwater for Moda
I fell in love with Noteworthy the minute I saw it and loved the Bucket List print more than any of the others.  I quickly purchased some in the vanilla colorway, I am not sure what I am going to make but I have a few yards in my stash waiting for the perfect project.
 
I read Sweetwater's blog and discovered the story about how the Noteworthy line came about.  Here's a link to the blog entry.

A few weeks ago I found out that one of my classmates from high school has breast cancer and is starting chemotherapy treatments immediately.   I talked to one of our mutual friends to get an idea of her favorite colors because I wanted to make something.  After two trips to The Quilt Asylum, one of my local quilt stores and many texted pictures of fabric to my friend, we settled on the Noteworthy Bucket List in the Blue Mist colorway and the Be Happy Multi Dot fabric for her projects.



 


This is the Noteworthy set I made, a tote bag, zipper case and bound a purchased plush throw.  I hope the items will come in handy as she goes to her chemotherapy treatments in the coming weeks.   

Here is a close up of the tote name embroidery and the button closure on the tote bag.  The flap has a magnet closure hidden under the button that allows for a quick snap. 

The blanket was a plush throw that I purchased.  I added binding with the same two fabrics pieced randomly along the edge. I had never done this before and it was more difficult than I anticipated.  The plush fabric stretches and twists so it was not exactly easy to top stitch and finish, nonetheless I finished it and I think it adds a nice touch.

The blanket fits nicely in the tote.


The last thing I made was a simple zipper pouch.  I used a silver ribbon charm with the word hope for the zipper pull.
I used the same two fabrics, the Bucket List fabric on the outside and the dot fabric for the seamless lining inside. 

I think the set turned out pretty cute.  I am hoping the bucket list fabric will be fun, uplifting  and inspiring for my friend and I hope the items will be useful.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful, thoughtful gift Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely ... and a beautiful gift of comfort. Healing thoughts to your friend ... Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments: