Saturday, July 13

Applique Getaway

Today I am attending the Applique Getaway in Frisco Texas.   I am so lucky this conference is only 10 miles or so from our house.  Usually all the fun sewing get togethers are in other states.

One of the cool thing the organizers did was create an applique logo for the event.  The digital file was available for all attendees and we were challenged to make a tote, water bottle, shirt or whatever with the applique.  Here is my tote. 

I literally just finished this at 2am!  Yes, I procrastinated but my excuse is that I just got back into town.  It will be cool to see everyone's bags tomorrow!  
This is the inside lining with pockets for cell phone, pen, etc. The lining fabric is SEW by Sweetwater, it's my first time to use a "low volume" print. The print is actually like a dictionary of sewing terms. Yes, I am a sewing nerd!

The floral fabric is Round the Garden by Mary Engelbreit by Andover Fabrics.  I am a HUGE fan of Mary Engelbreit (ME), I used to work in her store at the Dallas Galleria many years ago when I was first out of college.  This is the backside of the bag... Had to add a green M to make it a little more versatile and personalized.  It's 2am and I better head to bed, long day tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: