Sunday, November 4

2nd half of October is a blur...

Sorry about my absence the last few weeks.  As I mentioned before, we've had some big changes at my work which has dramatically increased my responsibilities and work load... 

Since my last post, I have been a little busy with the following:
  • My Master Gardener certification class is almost done, we have three more class meetings and then I am done with weekly tests and homework.
  • Hosted a litter pick up event (Trinity Trash Bash) with 150 volunteers on October 20
  • Co-hosted a water conservation event (Water Wise Irrigation workshop) with 5 other cities on October 23
  • Hosted another city wide event (Recycling is Fun Day) with about 300 attendees on October 29
  • Hosted another city wide event on Halloween (Be Green on Halloween Costume Contest) on October 31
  • Hosted a Lunch & Learn for city employees on November 1
  • Presented to elementary student body and went on a field trip with daughter's school on November 2
  • Was intending to catch up on November 3 (yesterday) since we had nothing going on except a pot luck at church but while I was grocery store, daughter had an accident and ended up in emergency room with 3 staples in her head!  (all is okay now but last night was a little scarey).
So now that all that is done, I am going to get back to regular posting.  I have so much comp time accumulated at work, I am going to take two weeks off in November.  Woo Hoo!  Thanks for hanging in there with me, I appreciate it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: