Saturday, August 18

Zipper Bag Exchange

EEK, almost two weeks since my last post, sorry about that.  I've been sewing just haven't had all my ducks in a row to post.

I signed up for a zipper bag exchange at my LQS... The Quilt Asylum.  I hadn't set a zipper in well over 20 years, since my tailoring class in college when I had to make myself tailored slacks (those were the days).  Anyway, I thought signing up for the exchange would be a good push to try zippers again. 
I sorta cheated by using an "in the hoop" design to make my first bag.  This is the Chevron Circle Pouch from Embroidery Garden in the 5" size.  It was really super easy.

The button fabric is from Makower UK- The Henly Studio, it coordinates with the sewing machine cover I made for Micaela last year.  The fabric lining on the inside is a random fat quarter from my stash.  I am so pleased with how this turned out.

After making the Chevron bag it was only 2am, so I decided to make another zippered bag because Micaela usually goes with me to the "exchange" and wants to "exchange too.  This is the Butterfly Coin Pouch also from Embroidery Garden.  Micaela actually picked out these fabrics and of course I did the sewing.  It's just as easy as the Chevron Bag just smaller. 

Call me crazy but after those two, I got really ambitious and made a third bag for the exchange in the morning before going to work.  This one was a simple square,  I used the tutorial at So Sew Something and some of the new Keep Calm fabric from Timeless Treasures. 


Here are all the pouches that were exchanged, lots of the regular participants were on vacation so the group was small.  I labeled the bags received with a star. 

Hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: