Sunday, August 26

Monkey Bread

I've been baking lately.  This weekend I made a Monkey Bread.  I can't even remember how long it has been since I baked one of these... my husband estimates 5 years.  Once upon a time, I used to make this quite often, so often that I have a fleet of budnt pans so I can make several at once. 

I learned to make Monkey Bread from my Aunt Bettye when I was a little girl, I am thinking I was around 8.  Her recipe is identical to the one found on the Pillsbury bisquit can except she adds pecans or walnuts.  The recipe is a classic and can be found here on the Pillsbury website.

I posted this picture on my Facebook page and I was shocked that I had around 30 of my friends and family "like" the picture and another 10 or so make comments... people dating back 20 years that knew me back when I made Monkey Bread often... even my former boss from 1995!



Hopefully posting this here will bring back memories of a recipe you haven't made in a while too.  Thanks for stopping by  Hope you had a great weekend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: