Wednesday, July 11

Creative Cottage Get-Away!

Ok, so I am a little behind on posting. Everything after the 4th was a race to get ready for my very first scrapbooking retreat. I hosted the event at a brand new scrapbooking retreat place that just opened up in McKinney called Creative Cottage. It was so convenient for me because it is less than 10 miles away from our house. The owners Susanne and Melody are scrapbookers themselves and they put alot of thought into making this a wonderful get away for crafters. I encourage you to visit their website for more info, you won't regret booking a weekend there... I promise!

Ok, back to the retreat:
It was 11 friends and customers plus me. We had a great time. I did not do any planned Stampin' Up! projects for the group, everyone just basically did their own thing. Some girls made alot of gifty and decorative items, some scrapped, others made big letters, one even knitted. I mainly worked on our daughter's scrapbook. I completed more than 50 pages! I wish I had done more but I am thrilled! I know now that it helps to sort everything into little kits with pictures, embellishments, paper and all. I still have some journaling to do but the fact that the pages are pretty much complete and in the book in chronological order makes me VERY HAPPY.

I look forward to hosting a few more retreat there, stay tuned for dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: