Wednesday, February 27

QuiltCon Met Jill "Quilts & More" Editor!

One of the most exciting things that happened at Quiltcon was meeting Jill Abeloe Mead, the Editor of Quilts & More Magazine.  I have been reading this magazine for several years, subscribe to their newsletters and frequently watch thier video tutorials, so I felt like I knew her (kinda sorta).

American Patchwork & Quilting sponsors the One Million Pillowcase Challenge so they had a sewing workshop set up with Janome sewing machines & sergers and baskets of darling fabric kits for making pillow cases.  All you had to do was pick out a kit and sit down and go to work. 

I made a pillowcase with butterflies, bees and dots, hoping it will go to a little girl like Micaela.  Mine was number 339!  I was so thrilled to meet Jill, this made the trip even better!

1 comment:

  1. I think this will be a challenge I will bring to my next Quilting Bee meeting. It is a great challenge and a great stash buster for those of us who of sward off buying any fabric and until they use what they have. Thank you for sharing your excitment and the Quilt Con.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: