Monday, July 16

First Quilt- Step 1

I've been bit by the quilting bug!  I've said that quilting something like a blanket was not for me for a long time but after going to the fabric & quilt stores on a weekly basis-- I think the quilt bug got me.  
Saturday Micaela and I were out and about.  She said, "Mommy you can do it!" when we spotted the Moda H"owl"oween line by Deb Strain and I thought well, I should try a small project.
So that is what we did, I purchased my first charm pack and Micaela and I spent well over an hour arranging the blocks on the carpet in her playroom during the evening.  It was fun listening to her reasoning for moving blocks around... "Mommy: spiders can be next to owls because they are friends and cats can be next to witch hats because they go together". 
Here's what we came up with.  In the next couple of days I will show you all the squares pieced together.  We'll see how all this comes together.  I don't usually embark on long projects that take more than a day or two to complete, thanks for joining me on this ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: