Friday, July 20

Born to Deer Hunt Baby Sets

A couple weeks ago I was asked to make a baby set for a pair of twin baby boys... the theme I was given was camoflage & hunter orange because the Dad is an avid deer hunter.  Whis is what I came up with.


Here's the set for Micah, with the deer and turkey-- notice the scene on the burp cloth matches the scene on the bib.  I debated about embroidering the bibs but thought it might be to fru fru for deer hunting boys.


 Weston's set has the deer and a raccoon.


This was a challenge to say the least. The standard white burp clothes I use were too white for this so I slip covered them in a natural colored flannel then top stitched to make it look like a regular burp cloth.   The bibs I usually use were also too white so I made these using a premade one as a pattern.  The back is lined in the same natural flannel.  I found the fabric pretty quickly and then by chance stumbled across the Born to Hunt deer design when I was looking for something else.   Overall, I am pleased with how these turned out.  I hope the receiving family likes them as much as I do.  Thanks for stopping by! 


1 comment:

Comments: