Thursday, June 12

Did you know....



Did you know that it will take 1000 years for anything Styrofoam to decompose? I just recently learned that. I've always felt weird about putting stuff that was technically reuseable or recyclable in the trash. Styrofoam peanuts was one of those items. When we got married four years ago, I bagged up all the peanuts we received with our shipped gifts and took them to a local Mail Boxes Etc for reuse. The store clerk looked at me a little oddly but gladly took them! Recently while doing some research at for the city, I found that every single packing/shipping store in our area will take them for reuse, now it's common practice! So, next time you receive anything with those pesky peanuts, instead of putting them in the trash, take them to your local packing store for recycling! Ok, off my soap box and back to stampin' & cookin'!

By the way, the Plastic Loose Fill Council's Peanut Hotline (800-828-2214) will direct you to businesses willing to accept used peanuts for their own packaging needs. The collection sites are typically small packaging or gift shops that welcome the free packing material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: