Wednesday, November 5

Basket made for MckMQG swap

Yesterday was our monthly McKinney Modern Quilt Guild meeting.  These are the items I made for the basket swap.  We actually exchanged bags of fabric last month so that was a fun twist.  My partner included a lot of fabric in her bag so I made a few extra things in addition to the basket.   A mugrug and matching mug that said "stitch your stress away", a layered flower pin cushion and of course a zipper bag -- which is something I make for every swap.

The basket was big and I felt like I needed to put something in it so it would not be so empty so I quickly embroidered a fuzzy fleece throw with some of the left over fabric.  (I keep these blank throws on hand in case I need to make a quick gift.)


I think the throw with a C turned out really cute.  My partner seemed to really like everything and I really enjoyed sewing with fabrics that I would normally not buy.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: