Monday, September 30

Guadalupe Zipper Pouches

With all the rain on Saturday, I got some sewing done. 
 
I made these two zipper pouches to donate to the Guadalupanas ladies group fundraiser at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Mission (my hometown).  My Mom is in the group.  I was actually baptized there as an infant and married there in 2004.   I've been wanting to make them something for a while. 
I have two versions...  This is first zip is made with a folklorico style print fabric, very modern.  
Inside I used a goldenrod tone on tone print fabric, it was the exact color in the flower print on the outside.  (I love it when I have the right colors in my stash).
The second one was is a realistic painting print.  I've had this for a long time and have been wanting to make "something" for a while.  I was so afraid the stipple quilting would look bad across the faces of the virgens but I think it's hard to see. 
I am excited to mail these to my Mom tomorrow.  Her group has a meeting later on this week, I hope these draw in some cash for the church's needs.  I have a tote bag in the works for later on this fall, I am looking forward to donating that for the big Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration in early December.  Hope you had a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: