Saturday, September 15

Zipper Organization

If you have been reading my blog lately, I am sure you have noticed my new love for zippered bags and pouches.  This love has resulted in a new obsession with zippers.  Nothing is more frustrating to me than wanting to start a sewing project and not have everything I need.  You all know I have plenty of fabric and thread but I really did not have a stock pile of zippers.  A few weeks ago I hurried to Wal-Mart at 10pm, crossing my fingers for a zipper.  Crazy I know!

So, no more running to the store at 10pm for plain white zipper for me.  I have decided to stock up on zippers in a rainbow of colors.  Luckily, I found a vendor that was going out of business so I bought a nice supply for a song. 

The zippers arrived while my parents were visiting last week and Mom & Micaela helped me organize them.
I decided to group them by color and keep them together by pinning them with a safety pin.  Then we played with a place to put them... First we tried a wire basket, not enough space, then the fabric racks where I have my small pieces of fabric...nope did not look good... then we experimented with wire and how to hang it on the wall...  THEN my brilliant 7 year old daughter suggested nailing buttons to the wall and stringing wire between them!!!  OMG, not even me and my mother thought of that!!! 

Here is how we did it... Nailed Button to wall and then strung the wire between the nails under the buttons. 
Here is the rainbow of zippers...  I should not be running to the store anytime soon.  I love the way it looks.  What could be more perfect than nailing buttons to the wall.  Have I mentioned I think my daughter is BRILLIANT!!!
Here is the whole wall, rainbow of buttons on a wreath, rainbow of fabric on my racks and now a rainbow of zippers..... I love it!    Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colorful room!! Love the idea with zippers and love the button wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: