Thursday, January 19

Sewing Machine Cover

EEK, more than a week has gone by since my last post!
.
When my parents visited in November for Thanksgiving, my Mom admired the machine covers I have made for my embroidery machine, sewing machine and Micaela's sewing machine. After thinking about it, I realized she did not have a cover for her machine so I decided to make her one for Christmas.
.
I knew I wanted to embroider on it but I could not decide... do I embroider "Mom"- what I call her or "Nana" what Micaela calls her. After much thought I just decided I would do her real name Rita! (Mom was born on May 22 and named for St. Rita).
.
I picked out fabric in colors that would match her room and went right to work. This is what I came up with....


The colors look a little neonish in this picture but in real life they are soft pastels. It's hard to tell in this picture but the side panels are the contrasting lime green fabric in the appliqued R. I got lucky when the azalea thread I used for the Rita perfectly mached the jumbo ric rac I had on hand.
.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: