Wednesday, March 30

Changing Gears... I mean Color Schemes

Last month while shopping for fabric, I came across a sewing theme fabric by Alexander Henry called "Sew Now". I fell in love with it! I decided that color scheme would be perfect in my sewing area which is a portion of our guest room. So here we go changing color schemes.... So far I have made a cover for my embroidery machine and a cornice for the window in the "Sew Now" fabric. . Here's the embroidery machine cover.... My embroidery machine came with a vinyl cover so I took it apart and used it as a pattern to make one out of the fabric. To add body to the fabric, I ironed fusible fleece to the back (I love that stuff). I used a contrasting black and white polka dot for the side panels and added a black pom pom trim to the bottom. I am pleased with the results... . Now the cornice... The cornice was interesting, I had no pattern and was eager to make it quickly. I used a thin piece of plywood, covered it with batting and then covered it with fabric. I made it large so the pattern in the fabric would show. I took a major short cut by omitting side panels and just hung the board (like a picture) above the window. Yes-- major short cut but I don't think there is a cornice police that will come get me. As far as I am concerned, it works in my book! . Thats all for now, more stuff in the coming weeks. My plan is to change out the comforter, add throw pillows and make a few fun accessories for the room. This will keep me busy for the next month or so. Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: