Wednesday, March 23

Bird Pin Cushion

I am a big fan of the DIY Dish. They feature Janome machines all of the time. Earlier this week, they launched their 3rd season. They always kick off each season with a pin cushion tutorial and after watching, I could not resist making one of the little birds they featured by Joel Dewberry, a fabric designer who's promoting his new book== Sewn Spaces. (I think I am going to have to get that book)

I am in the process of changing the color scheme in my sewing area and made the bird with a couple of scrap fabric pieces I had laying around. Here is the link to the tutorial. I think my bird turned out okay-- I obviously need a little practice with top stitching on the wings. I feel bad that in order to use this, I am going to have to stab it with pins- eek!
DIY Dish is having a contest to win a copy of Joel's book and some of his cool fabric, be sure to check out their website. Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: