Wednesday, January 30

Embracing Life in Ruby Red....



It's been more than a week since I have posted. Not only am I under the weather but I have been on a rollercoaster with one of my best girlfriends (friend since 7th grade) who had to have breast surgery last week. Praise God, the two tumors removed were benign but it was a scary couple of weeks going through the process with her. I've had several friends and aquaintences go through similar experiences but never anyone so close to me. Marina and I have been friends since we were 13 (ironically our birthdays are two days apart -same hospital, same doctor delivered us) so this hit VERY close to home for me.

During the process she appointed me to be the contact person for all our junior high and high school girlfriends. While I loved reconnecting with everyone, I hate that it took a life crisis for all of us to take time out of our busy lives as Moms and wives to sit down and catch up with each other. We have all vowed to get together more often, I can't wait to see everyone the next time I visit my hometown.

So that brings me to my card.... The name for this stamp set could not be more appropriate, "Embrace Life". This was one of the cards my ladies made during January's stamp club. It was inspired this card on SCS made by Renee1.

I stamped the flowers in Chocolate Chip craft ink and embossed with clear powder one Ginger Blossom DSP and Ruby Red card stock. I cut the flowers out and placed them on dimensionals. I used a ribbon knot for the center of the flowers. My stamp club members really seemed to love this card, even though it was a little time consuming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: