Thursday, August 30

Big Things come in Small Packages...

This little box held a $100 gift certificate for one of my customers.

Back in January or so I saw a very cute box done by Sarah Moore, a demonstrator in Chicago. I've had the idea filed away in my brain since then and this week I finally used it.... I hope this idea inspires you too

The birthday girl (lady) loves horses so I knew anything with the new Boho West stuff would work for her.

I embossed a metal blank "Altoid" type box, put an accordian message inside and put a belly band on it. The belly band is meant to be around the top half of the box so you can see the embossed horse and the C monogram. Here's the box without the band.




Here's what the box looks like when you open it.

























The inside message stretched out, it reads:

Happy Birthday Caren!

Shop til you drop, then sit down & Stamp!

Enjoy spending $100 from your Stampin' Diva Friends ( names listed)

Redeem your $100 gift certificate with your demonstrator Martha







The box was embossed using Versamark & silver embossing powder. I used the Wanted horse and the letter C from Jumbo Outline Alphabet. I made several versions with different color schemes but in the end liked the Chocolate Chip and Sage Shadow combination the best because it reminded me of the western stuff with turquois that you see in Santa Fe. I embossed the medallion from Wanted with Chocolate Chip Craft ink and clear embossing powder, and used a simple brad from HodgePodge kit. The band is crimped chocolate chip, layered with sage shadow and some 1/4 inch chocolate chip grosgrain. The inside accordian was done with chocolate chip and sage shadow card stock. I used our new 3/16 corner rounder punch to round the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: