Monday, March 15

Tis the Season for Birthday Beach Towels

'Tis the season for birthday parties. Our daughter has a birthday coming up next month and guess what?-- so do all her little friends. We had two birthday parties this weekend!

I learned two years ago when we started preschool that I needed to simplify the gifts and be consistent because running around for a different birthday gift every week is nuts. Last year we did Fancy Nancy books and/or name frames made with my Cricut. This year I decided we're going to put my new Janome embroidery machine to work and do personalized-monogrammed beach towels-- (I got the idea from the Pottery Barn catalog).

So here are our first four birthday beach towels...

First beach towel was for our little neighbor, Alysia. Alysia is a sweet girl and I thought the bold polka dots would be fun for her. The big A was the Curlz Applique Font from Kabo Designs and the name was done with Curly Letters from FunStitch.com
The next three towels were for three siblings. Jolie & Caleb have birthdays a week apart so they had a joint birthday party. After thinking about it, I thought it would be nice to include their older sister so I made a towel for Catherine too. All three were done with the Kristen font from 8 Paws and a Claw designs. Four towels in one weekend, I am going to start stocking up. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You made those monograms? I have embroidery envy! Very cute!

    Stopping by from Skip to my Lou's Made by You Mondays.

    - Michele

    ReplyDelete

Comments: