This was the bedding she picked out--->>
Thank goodness we asked for a color scheme because I would have never picked this randomly. Very cute, but finding lime green and black fabric combo was tough.
The Monday before the shower last week, our spy informs us the Mom to be has changed her mind-- from black & lime green to brown & green with monkeys. A color scheme I am all to familiar with... see previous posts here. The embroidered stuff was already done but I still had time to change the other stuff I was making.
Here's the card:
I used the new Cricut Mother's Day cartridge, Chocolate Chip & Gable Green card stock from Stampin' Up!
Here's the burp cloth and bib set.
Isn't it cute? I was really pleased with how it turned out. Finding the fabric was tough but I got really lucky because I discovered a store right here in McKinney. A friend who quilts told me about the "Quilt Asylum". They have more than 1500 bolts of fabric, it's absolutely fabulous-- I went there and sure enough, found the perfect fabric!
This is my first applique bib. I've decided letters with holese aren't fun (well at least small letters)-- it's just really hard not to puncture or snag the fabric underneath. Next time, I will use black thread for the satin stitch around the letter too.
Here's the diaper cake. Nothing too fancy, next time I make one I will remember to embroider the ribbon-- The "Bienvenido" word was way too long for me to try it this time around.Thanks for stopping by.