Sunday, June 28

Alphalicious Birthday

Here's a simple card and decorated gift bag I made for one of Micaela's little friends Haley. Micaela and Haley have known each other since they were just a few months old and they attend preschool at the church school together.

First of all I have to say that I did not have my head on straight when I started to make this stuff. I meant for the card & bag to match but did not make sure the gift which was two Fancy Nancy Books fit in the Purple and Pink gift bag first! I discovered this 15 minutes before we were leaving for the party. In a state of panic I decorated another "larger" pink & green gift bag instead. I hope Little Haley can forgive us for our mismatched gift.

This card is 5 1/2 inches square. I made it using the Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge using the crest card feature . The cricut actually cuts out the frame and the letter to size for you. I used some Lovely Lilac cardstock on the inside so the cut out would show through.
I did double layers on the inside. The "4" was also done with the Alphalicious cartridge using the Short Stack & Short Stack Shadow features. The Celebrate & Happy Birthday sentiments were stamped in Lovely Lilac and fairy is a painted wood embellishment I picked up at JoAnn. The clear rhinestones on the front were adhered with glue dots.

The Non-Matching gift bag was decorated with a simple H monogram in Pink Passion & Gable Green-- the H was done with the Short Stack & Short Stack Shadow feature on the Alphalicous cartridge.

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Birthday Haley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: