Wednesday, February 20

Card for a friend...

This is a card I made for a friend. I love Pink Passion, Gable Green and Black together. I made a similar card for swaps at convention last year. The flowers are from "Year After Year". I love the simplicity of this card... it's just layers, Basic Black ink, some ribbon, two markers and a single brad. I used the new French Dot Cuttlebug Embossing Folder for the background. I just love these dots, they remind me of Minky Dot fabric (which is something I have been looking at lately-- more on that in another post).
This card is heavy with five layers on the front plus the rhinestone brad and ribbon and two additional layers on the inside so it would probably take additional postage to mail it (I am sending it in a package so I will have the postal person weigh it and find out).


I love layers on the inside of cards, it was pretty necessary on this one because I also embossed on the back of the card. (otherwise the inside would be lumpy with the embossing on the flip side). The "created for you with love" sentiment is from the To/From Cuttlebug set. I love how it looks on the back of the card...
.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping....
MC2F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: