Wednesday, January 14

My First Sew Together Bag

Great patterns & teachers make a world of difference in a sewing class.  Spent the Saturday, the day after my birthday at Stitched With Love (one of our LQS) making this "Sew Together Bag" (pattern by Sew Demented).  

Teacher was Sara H who's president of McKinney Modern Quilt Guild.  Bag has 4 zippers & 4 pockets and what seems like miles of binding.  This was a big step for me because normally I don't follow patterns. 

Here is a picture of the back of the bag....

Here is a close up front, the side ends and the inside with all the pockets and zippers.  

Some of these fabrics probably look familiar, I have been hoarding some of these fabrics for a while, so happy they will live forever in this bag!  The bag was not overly complicated but had many many steps.  Sometime when I have 8+ hours of spare time - I will make another one.  Thankful I finished before leaving the building.   Feeling accomplished, now I am inspired to make more complicated bags in 2015.  Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: