Wednesday, September 17

Teacher Appreciation Purses

I am on the teacher appreciation committee at one of Micaela's schools. Every month we're going to do a little something for all the teachers and staff. Our date for the first token was a week after we met so we decided to go the simple route and get the teachers Sonic gift cards since there is a Sonic very close to the school. I couldn't bare the thought of just handing out gift cards so I volunteered on my own to make some sort of holder.

Last night when I started the project, I really didn't know what I was going to do. In the end, I went with one of my old faithful projects that I learned early on when I became a demonstrator.... a little purse card. I've made hundreds of these over the years.


I struggled with the color scheme because they want us to stick to the school colors which are purple and gold. I decided to go the pastel route on the purse because I just couldn't bring myself to use the colors 'full strength'.

I made 20 of these babies.

The font is cuttlebugged with the swirl embossing folder. I used my brand new Spellbinders Nestabilities to make the top flap and then just punched 1/8 holes in the scallops to dress it up. I used some pastel brads to make a clasp for the purse and a dime size Velcro cirlce cut in half to hold the flap in place.








I printed the inside of the card on the computer and used some white
holiday sparkly gift wrap twine for the handle.

The teachers will get these tomorrow and I hope they like them. Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: